Skin care is an important part of life. Proper hygiene and skin care techniques would help to have a clean, healthy skin desired by all. The cosmetic market is flooded with beauty and skin care products promising to make you fair, beautiful and younger. Many of these products give long term side effects resulting in wrinkles and fine lines. This is why we highly recommend homemade beauty recipes and herbal cosmetics that improve your skin complexion naturally without causing any harmful side effects.
Homemade Beauty Recipes and Herbal Cosmetics
Below are some simple and effective homemade beauty recipes and herbal cosmetics that will help you look younger and beautiful.
1. Applying a paste of grounded almond, honey and warm milk on skin improves complexion and dryness and makes it glow.
2. A mixture of fermented flour and milk makes a good mask for oily skin.
3. Application of a paste made out of gram flour, lime juice, turmeric and milk would make skin radiant and fair.
4. Massaging skin with unboiled milk also makes it radiant. It is one of the traditional and very effective homemade beauty recipes.
5. Massaging skin with mustard powder in milk helps to get rid of blemishes. Rubbing skin with aloe Vera juice heals sun burnt skin.
6. Apple cider vinegar serves as an effective natural cosmetic for sunburns.
7. Application of a mixture of two teaspoon buttermilk and tomato juice on skin gives relief from sunburns.
8. Massaging skin with coconut oil makes it wrinkle free.
9. Rubbing the core of pineapple on skin and leaving for about 15 minutes also gives one a wrinkle free skin.
10. Spreading mashed banana all over skin, keeping for 15-20 minutes and then rinsing off with warm water is also an effective anti-wrinkle treatment.
11. One may soak cotton balls in ice-cold water mixed with 4 teaspoon lime juice and place it on eyes to remove tiredness of eyes.
12. Refrigerated herbal tea bag can do away with eye puffiness.
13. Dark circles under eyes would disappear if one places freshly cut fig over eyes and leaves it for half an hour.
14. Slices of cucumber placed on each eye can soothe tiredness of eyes.
15. Massaging hands and legs with a mixture of tomato juice, lime juice and glycerin helps to do away with skin roughness.
16. Application of a mixture of an ounce of honey, little egg white, glycerin, and barley powder makes the skin on hands and legs soft and supple.
Copyright © Dr Andrew Napier, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Read more useful Home Remedies for Dry Skin. Also know effective Home Remedies for Stretch Marks. Read the benefits of Shilajit for enhancing libido.
Related Natural Cosmetics Articles
Cosmetics and toiletry products are largely dependent on chemicals for their manufacturing. Growing demands for these products in the market for such products has reached nearly $ 7.6 billion by 2010.
Over the years demands for cosmetic products and especially the beauty products has resulted in corresponding hike in the demands for cosmetic and toiletry chemicals in United States. Annual rate or rise in demands is around 5.4%.
Reasons for Rise in Demands
Multiple reasons have contributed to the rise in demands for such chemicals such as –
* Consumer’s desire to offset aging effects;
* Preferences among customers for natural products;
* Favorable trends in demographics;
* Growth in demands for active ingredients like enzymes and amino acids; and
* Continued gains in cosmetic skin care products.
Traditional Cosmetics and Toiletry Products
These days, there is a strong trend in the consumer market towards nanotechnologies and natural products like botanical extracts, soy protein, natural fats as well as oils. In addition the natural inclination of manufacturers is towards non-traditional chemicals instead of traditional chemicals like the petroleum products or commodity surfactants. One of the reasons for such decline in the popularity of non-traditional chemicals is increasing popularity of water based chemicals instead of harsh ones.
Components Gaining Rapid Growth
Some of the articles used as toiletry products and beauty products have been achieving rapid growth during 2010. Male grooming, anti-aging, 50+, and ethnic products are becoming very popular. Facial and skin care items for both men and women and exclusive mail products like higher value shaving components are becoming the craze of the day. Women oriented products like moisturizers and hair care are among the trendy items as well. In result the demand for cosmetics and toiletry products are forever on the rise.
Studies conducted on the growing demands for the chemicals used in cosmetic as well as toiletry items indicate that the annual growth rates for different components during the decade 2001-2010 are as follows.
* Cosmetic and toiletry chemicals 5.4%
* Cleansing Agents and Foamier 6.9%
* Emollients and Moisturizers 5.6%
* Fragrances and Flavors 4.1%
*Processing Aids 5.0%
Role Played by NPA
Role played by the Natural Products Association or NPA in the matter has been very important. New discounts have been introduced by them to help manufacturers to meet the ever growing demands for natural products. Granting certifications to over 500 products in a period of only two years it has made a wide array of raw materials available for the manufacturers. In the process, NPA is offering the manufacturers great opportunities to bring their “Certified Natural” personal care as well as home care products to the market while availing the discounts offered by NPA.
NPA program has been highly successful reportedly. Discounts offered by NPA on natural ingredients for cosmetics and toiletry products include: –
* 25% in products containing four or more ingredients certified by NPA; and
* 50% in products that uses only NPA certified ingredients.
Most of the ingredients certified by NPA are natural products and it has been a major reason for the current trend in the chemical markets for cosmetics as well as toiletry products.
Author has wide knowledge of B2B Marketplace and Business industries. For import export trade leads and business opportunities for cosmetics products and toiletries products, Visit online trade portal Trade.indiaMART.com
Borne from a womans desire to find the perfect foundation that covers without looking like makeup, Becca Cosmetics has been raved about in popular fashion magazines as the new way to create a flawless look that still appears natural. Every complexion can be enhanced and approved, as Becca products work well for every age and ethnicity. A simple three step process of Prepare, Perfect, and Set perfects your skin while bringing a natural glow back.
The first step is to Prepare, which is accomplished with a Mineral SPF 30 Primer. This step is very important, as it smoothes out any lines and wrinkles while minimizing pores before the application of makeup. The primer works in many ways to improve how makeup sits on the face, as well as improving the overall quality and radiance of the skin over time. This creates an even layer to apply makeup so that makeup does not fall into any creases or pores. Beccas oil free formulation keeps your face blemish free while allowing for the primer to be lightweight and refreshing.
The primer contains several beneficial vitamins and supplements, such as Alpha Lipoid Acid, Co Enzyme Q10, and Vitamin E to help improve the smoothness of your skin while decreasing blemishes with use. The main active ingredient in the primer is the mineral Zinc Oxide, which is a natural UV barrier that protects skin from the harmful effects of the sun. In addition, there is greater than SPF 30 protection to help against acquiring burns and aging effects from too much sun.
Primer allows for makeup to become water-resistant as well. It should be applied fifteen to twenty minutes before sun exposure to work with its maximum strength, and applied again after swimming. The Mineral SPF 30 Primer is used as a base before makeup, and can be applied over moisturizer or be worn alone for a smooth and fresh look.
Step two is to Perfect – which can be done with a compact concealer, stick foundation and an optional shimmering skin perfecter. The Compact Concealer offers two levels of coverage. The medium cover can be used for most coverage, while the extra cover is for spots and blemishes that need additional coverage or a drier formula. It is recommended to only apply sheer levels to the under-eye area to avoid accentuation of any smile lines. The Compact Concealer has a natural finish, and stays put all day without any sliding or smudging.
The creamy Stick Foundation is applied over a primer as needed, or over the entire face. For a light ultra-sheer application, it can be applied with the Creme Brush #59. A range of sheer to medium coverage can be achieved, and the Foundation can also be used as a light under-eye concealer. SPF 30 allows for protection from UVA and UVB rays to protect your delicate skin from sun damage. The antioxidant vitamins A, D, and E are included to increase the renewal of collagen and the amount of moisture held by the skin.
The Shimmering Skin Perfecter can be mixed into liquid foundation or moisturizer, worn alone, or used as a highlighter. Providing a radiant glowing look, it reflects light using ultra fine mica. Dark patches of skin are illuminated, and the skin tone is evened out. Many antioxidant vitamins are included to increase collagen renewal, help in the repair of tissue, increase the skins capability to hold moisture, as well as protect against pollution and free radical damage.
The final step is to Set! A fine loose Finishing Powder sets the makeup to ensure that it lasts all day – over twelve hours! This smooth textured powder evens out the look of the skin to ensure that you have a demi matte polished face. Even in humid environments after use of the Finishing Powder, makeup is touch proof, smudge proof and semi water resistant. Usage also ensures that any oily feelings from liquid and cream products are eliminated, and that, instead, skin feels silky smooth and makeup free. Finishing Powder is applied after all other makeup and should patted onto the skin in a circular motion to avoid disturbing the lower layers of makeup.
Becca Cosmetics provides a quick and easy way to improve the health and appearance of your skin. The three step process allows for smooth continuous look on your face, while achieving a natural quality that seems to be nearly makeup free! With a long and varied offering of products, Becca is the perfect way to improve your skin and your beauty. Find the perfect products for your face today.
Seth Barnes is a freelance writer who writes about health, beauty, and specific brands such as Becca Cosmetics .