Acne is a disease that affects the skin’s sebaceous glands. It is not dangerous, but can leave scars on the skin. Your skin has pores (small holes) that are connected to the oil glands beneath the skin. The glands are connected through the pores of follicles – small channels. Sebum, an oily liquid, is produced by these glands. Tallow carries dead skin cells through the follicle to the surface of the skin. A small hair grows through the follicle of the skin. Grains grow when these follicles are blocked.
In humans, when the grains are likely to do so in the patient’s face, back, shoulders, chest and neck. Acne develops when the follicles become blocked and infected.
Causes of Acne
1. Black dots: small lumps black or yellow color developed in the skin.
2. White: look similar to pimples but may be firmer and have a white center.
3. Papules: small red bumps may be tender or sore.
4. Pustules, papules similar to, but have a white tip at the center that is caused by an accumulation of pus.
5. Nodules: Large hard lump that accumulate beneath the surface of the skin and often painful.
Symptoms of Acne
1. There are two main types of acne – inflammatory and non inflammatory.
2. Non-inflammatory acne is the usual white and black spots that most people develop on the face.
3. This is a mild form of acne can be treated with nonprescription medications.
4. Inflammatory acne is the most serious in the development of white spots of pus, swelling, and red over time.
5. Inflammatory acne can lead to cysts or scars on the face, chest, neck and shoulders. You need to get prescription drugs and surgery can be even in most extreme cases.
6. The symptoms of acne may resemble other skin conditions and so it is best to consult a doctor before it is too late.
Treatment for Acne
1. Apply ripe tomatoes pulp or cucumber in acne or pimples and keep up to 1 hour after washing.
2. Rub fresh garlic on and around pimples. Pimples disappear without leaving a mark with regular applications. Garlic kills bacteria that cause acne.
3. Apply some garlic juice in the face for an hour once a week to get rid of acne. Do not store for long, as it may aggravate sensitive skin.
4. Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water. This is a good cure of acne.
5. Zinc, vitamin A, B and E, echinacea, thyme and tea tree oil can cure acne. B vitamins may improve acne dramatically. Taking vitamin B tablet, you should see results within weeks.
6. Foods rich in carbohydrates with low glycemic index or low GI diet can improve acne by 50 percent.
Home Remedies for Acne
1. Make a paste of ground orange peel with some water and apply on affected areas. It is very effective natural remedy for acne.
2. Make a paste of almond powder with water and apply to your face. Let dry, then rinse.
3. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in a finely ground cinnamon teaspoon (dalchini) and apply on affected areas.
4. Mix half a teaspoon of sandalwood and turmeric powder in a little water and apply on affected area. It is one of the best home remedies for acne clean face.
5. Mix the cucumber into a paste and apply on affected area. Leave for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash. It is home to the ordinary forms of acne.
Find More Natural Skin Care Articles