Natural organic makeup has made a big impression on the cosmetic market and a lot of consumers are starting to take notice. Hollywood stars like Madonna, Ashley Judd, Jennifer Aniston and Brooke Shields have publically endorsed natural organic beauty products or brands. Switching to organic beauty products is good for your health and the impact of these products on the environment is positive.
Some consumers want to know what all the fuss is about and why they should change to organic beauty products. In this article we will explore some facts about makeup products that could help you to make a decision.
1. Your skin absorbs the products that you rub on it – Nicotine patches works on the principle that the nicotine is absorbed into your bloodstream through your skin. The same principle applies to the makeup, lotions and products that you apply to your skin on a daily basis. Shouldn’t you be more aware of what you put on your skin?
2. Most cosmetic products contain dangerous chemicals – The cosmetic industry is largely self-regulated and the cosmetic companies are responsible to ensure the safety of their products. Chemicals and synthetic ingredients are cheaper to manufacture than organic or natural ingredients and a lot of companies cut costs by using chemicals in their products. Tests have shown that long term exposure to the majority of the chemicals that are contained in cosmetic products can be dangerous to your health. These chemicals and synthetic ingredients have been known to cause skin irritations and allergies.
3. Natural organic makeup is safe to use – Organic and natural ingredients do not pose the same health threats as chemicals or synthetic ingredients. Most of these ingredients are food grade and can be digested. Consumers of these products reported a reduction in skin irritations and allergies.
4. Natural organic makeup is environmentally safe – Organic and natural ingredients are biodegradable and pose no threat to the environment. The majority of organic beauty product manufactures support agriculture methods that are based on sustainability.
Chemical Ingredients in Cosmetic Products to Avoid:
1. Synthetic fragrances – Can cause allergies and skin irritations.
2. Propylene Glycol – Can cause kidney and liver damage.
3. Mineral Oil – Oil derived from petroleum that prevents the skin to breathe.
4. Colour Dyes – Can cause sensitivity and skin irritations.
Your health should be a priority and it is very important that you read the labels of the products that you buy to ensure that you know what they contain. Natural organic makeup products are safe to use and they are eco friendly. The organic ingredients and minerals contained within these organic beauty products feed your skin and results in a smoother, softer and healthier skin. Isn’t it time for a change?
Amarya is a distributor of natural organic makeup and organic beauty products in the UK. Feel free to visit their website for more information.